Tybee Island is perhaps one of the South’s best-kept secrets, as it is a beautiful, picturesque island that offers a relaxing atmosphere and incredible wildlife sightings. Often overshadowed by its more popular island neighbors, Tybee Island is the ideal spot if you are looking for a beach vacation without all the hustle and bustle of the more touristy islands.
Whether you are planning a family vacation, a romantic getaway or a fun weekend with friends, Tybee Island is sure to win you over. The Island boasts incredible white sandy beaches, opportunities to charter fishing adventures, kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, golfing, shopping, dining, a day at the spa and more. You are sure to find something for everyone during your stay.
A wonderful spot to visit year-round, spending a summer on Tybee Island is a wonderful option if you are looking to get away from city life. With average temperatures in the mid-70s to low 80s, Tybee Island offers the perfect climate for a memorable summer vacation. With an abundance of outdoor activities, fascinating museums and historical structures and wildlife at every corner, Tybee Island is a one-stop shop for a summer getaway.
Things to Do during a Tybee Island Summer Vacation
Tybee Island’s laid back lifestyle makes it a great spot if you are looking for somewhere to escape and relax to. The Island’s beautiful, unspoiled habitat is home to some of the most incredible wildlife native to the South, and its north beach offers one of the best locations in the area for bird-watching.
Beyond the wildlife, Tybee Island has many different options for outdoor adventure that will be sure to keep you busy. Only 2.75 miles long, Tybee Island is easy to get around, allowing you to fit a lot in to each and every day!
Outdoor Adventures Include Kayaking and More
A wonderful vacation spot for those looking for a little adventure and exploration, Tybee Island offers the following activities:
- Kayaking – Tybee Island has several different outfits that offer kayaking; allowing you to experience the surrounding waters at your leisure. You can also sign up for a guided tour to get a more in-depth look at the coastal waters and local wildlife
- Bicycle Rentals – Summer is a great time of year for visitors to rent a bicycle and explore Tybee Island’s flat beaches and picturesque terrain
- Canoeing – Similar to kayaking, canoeing on Tybee Island allows you to get an up-close and personal look at some of Georgia’s most unspoiled coastal waters. Expect to see lots of local species of wildlife enjoying their natural habitat
- Golf – Golfing on Tybee Island during the summer is one of the most popular things to do, as the island boasts pristine, picturesque golf courses that are a great way to spend a day
- Fishing – Fishing on Tybee Island during the summer is another must. You can charter a fishing trip or go out to the infamous Tybee Island Pier on your own
- Tybee Island Pier – Beyond serving as a wonderful fishing location, the Pier is the liveliest spot on the island. From dances and musical performances on a nightly basis to the hub for various summer festivals, the Pier is the place to be
Tybee Island offers near-perfect summer temperatures, a welcoming atmosphere and numerous opportunities for outdoor adventure, making it the perfect locale for any summer vacation.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Luxury Living Tybee and a clickable link back to this page.